Friday, March 4, 2011

Trends: The 70s

One of the biggest trends for spring this year is the 70s! I love the look of flattering wide-legged jeans and a loose, flowy top. I'm not really sure if this is really the "70s look" (I wasn't even alive then), but this is my interpretation of it. First the inspiration:

1. Michael Kors Fall 2011- Loved his entire collection- so luxe and  uptown, while still maintaining that laid-back, all-American look he's famous for.
2. Tory Burch Fall 2011- This to me was the biggest example of the 70s style on the runway.
3. Marc Jacobs Spring 2011 RTW- This collection was to die for. A little over the top, as per Marc Jacobs, but so much fun!
4. January Jones- Love the way she interpreted the 70s into a modern day look!
5. Halston Fall 2011 RTW- Mustard yellow is my fave- glad to see it isn't going anywhere! :)
6. Old 70's Photograph- I thought this picture was really cool, and a more realistic depiction of the 70s style.

A few affordable options:

No comments:

Post a Comment